Mysteries of Life in Reconciliation and Eucharist
“And when He had said this,
He breathed on them and said to them, receive the Holy Spirit.
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”
1 John 20: 22-23
FROM OUR DIOCESAN WEBSITE:
Preparation for the celebration of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist with children who are baptized is coordinated by the parish. The parish catechetical leader coordinates the process of preparation and the celebration under the supervision of the pastor.
- First Reconciliation is celebrated annually in the fall (November) and is typically for those in third grade.
- First Communion is celebrated annually in the spring during the Easter Season (typically in third grade).
- Preparations at Nativity aim to help parents & guardians lead their children towards both knowledge and desire to receive the Sacraments. Family involvement in this process is necessary for children to grow in desire for the Mystery of Christ according and then thereby receive the Body of the Lord with strengthened faith and sincere devotion.
This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
1 Cor. 11:24
- The Sacrament of the Eucharist (Holy Communion) is sacred for all Catholics. In the Sacrament of Holy Communion we receive the Most Holy Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ and we are united to Him and the Church in a profound and mystical way.
- The Church encourages all her members to approach the Throne of Grace worthily each week to receive Holy Communion on the Lord’s Day (Sunday) at Mass.
- For children, we expect to offer First Holy Communion celebrations at multiple Mass times in the spring during the Easter Season (after Easter Sunday).
- With enrollment for sacrament preparation children also simultaneously participate in an additional regular faith formation session. Additional faith formation sessions must be one of the following: a Catholic School, Nativity parish Faith Formation sessions or another parish Faith Formation arrangement.
The one form to enroll in both First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation is below.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
*Families from other parishes need to include a courtesy letter of approval from their pastor with enrollment. This is a common and expected request for all local parishes. Please email it to mailto:email@example.com
- This Form is only for enrolling in the Mysteries of Life-First Reconciliation and First Eucharist events and Sessions.
- The Schedule for Mysteries of Life will be added to the Faith Formation Google Calendar soon.
- Payment must be submitted separately through the payment portal.
- Suggested Sacrament Enrollment Fee is $50.
- Follow the link below to submit your remittance via the parish payment portal.