Mysteries of Life in Reconciliation and Eucharist
“And when He had said this,
He breathed on them and said to them, receive the Holy Spirit.
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”
1 John 20: 22-23
FROM OUR DIOCESAN WEBSITE:
Preparation for the celebration of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist with children who are baptized is coordinated by the parish. The parish catechetical leader coordinates the process of preparation and the celebration under the supervision of the pastor.
Preparations for Reconciliation and Eucharist aim to help families, parents (guardians), to lead their children towards both knowledge and desire to receive the Sacraments. Family involvement in this process is necessary for children to grow in knowledge, and importantly, in desire to receive the Mystery of Christ. By prayer and preparation within their family, children will be ready to receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ with strengthened faith and sincere devotion.
WHAT TO EXPECT
How to Enroll:
- Nativity School Families: you will receive a link to the Enrollment Form once your school registration is completely processed; contact Faith Formation Office if your Nativity School registration was after June 23 or if you have other questions or difficulties (716-662-2169).
- Faith Formation Families: There is a box to check on the General Faith Formation Enrollment Forms that should be checked to indicate your desire to have your child prepare to receive Reconciliation & Eucharist.
- Once your enrollment in Faith Formation, or registration at Nativity School has been processed, an invitation link to The Mysteries of Life Sacrament Preparation Enrollment Form will be sent to you.
- Home Schooling families should call the Faith Formation Office and speak to us about your request (716-662-2169).
- The Family Gatherings are 30 minutes twice each month in September and October for Reconciliation/ Jan. Feb, & March for Eucharist
- The First Family Gathering of any month is presented twice during the second week of that month (Sunday or Tuesday).
- The Second Family Gathering of any month is presented twice during the fourth week of that month (Sunday or Tuesday).
- Families attend only twice each month; once during the second week and once during the fourth week of any given month.
- There will be a Reconciliation Practice Day; choose either Sunday Oct. 29 or Tuesday November 7.
- There will be a Day of Reflection/Rehearsal for First Eucharist in April (the event is presented on multiple dates; choose only one)
- The Schedule for Mysteries of Life will be on the Faith Formation Google Calendar.
Receiving and Celebrating the Sacraments
- First Reconciliation is celebrated annually in the fall (usually November). Dates TBA
- First Communion is celebrated annually in the spring during the Easter Season (April or May). Dates TBA
- Payments are only submitted to the Parish Business Office through the payment portal on the parish website.
- All monies are collected and processed at the Parish Business Office; the FF Office does not receive or process any payments.
- Suggested Reconciliation and Eucharist Enrollment Fee is $80 ($40 if your child will be preparing for only one of the Sacraments)
- Follow the link below to submit your remittance via the parish payment portal.
“This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.**”
**1 Cor. 11:24